Todays Readers are Tomorrows Leaders
Welcome to Reading! This engaging online resource was developed to help pre- and early readers strengthen phonics, vocabulary, phonemic awareness, and comprehension skills. Children will explore the exciting world of reading in engaging stories about the adventures of Trek, Taffy, Lizzy, and Sam.
Welcome to Reading is centered around forty-eight stories in four reading levels. The Educator Center provides comprehensive resources to help educators determine which reading level is appropriate for each child based on assessments of demonstrated reading abilities and behaviors.
1. Roll over any clickable region in the site to hear its title read aloud.
2. Choose a level A, B, C, or D to view the stories, games, and videos in that level.
3. The Story Corner features a collection of stories, nursery rhymes, and songs with accompanying read-aloud and word-by-word highlighting for language practice and development of early literacy skills.
4. Access the entire collection of Videos and Games from the home page.
5. Find printable materials for coloring, connecting-the-dots, and more in Print and Do Activities.
6. Play and download classic children's songs from the Sing-along collection.